The Fitzgerald Theater was built in 1910 and has become considered the oldest surviving theater in town. It used to be called the Sam S. Shubert Theater but in 1933 became a World Theater after screening more foreign films.
By 1980 it was purchased by Minnesota Public Radio and renamed twice. Finally it was called F. Scott Fitzgerald in 1994 since he was a native of St. Paul. The theater has been the home to film festivals, Broadway musicals vaudeville shows and even concerts since then. Here is a look at what Fitzgerald Theater offers now.
Minnesota Public Radio
The theater is still owned by Minnesota Public Radio and they strive to only offer pogromming that meets the needs of their audience and mission. The theater holds 1,000 seats which…