Capable of accommodating more than 20,000 guest the Xcel Energy Center in Saint Paul, MN is one of the finest arenas in the world. Playing host to hundreds of sporting and entertainment events each year, the Xcel Center sees roughly 1,700,000 visitors pass through its doors annually. Situated on the old Saint Paul Civic Arena site, this modern arena first opened in September 2000.
What to See
The arena plays host to over 150 different sports and entertainment events each year and the current calendar includes something for every member of your family to enjoy, such as:
- Live music by artists like Motley Crue, Fleetwood Mac and Usher
- Ice hockey mania with the St. Paul Wilds vs. all comers
- Kids fun from the Disney on Ice team
- Western kicks with the "World's Toughest Rodeo"
There are several seating options in the arena, including the Bremer Bank Suite level, the Bud Light Top Lounge, and, of course, "On the Glass" seats for those of you who like the action up close and personal. The Xcel Energy Center also has almost 300 AT&T Wi-Fi access points for you to use, plus they also offer wheelchair escorts for any guests who need extra assistance.
Having fun can make you hungry, so this arena offers plenty of eating choices including the following:
- Jack Daniels Old No. 7 Club - one of the best bars/restaurants in the arena
- Concessions (Levy Restaurants) - all the popcorn, hotdogs, hamburgers, pizza, chicken wings and steak sandwiches you can handle
- Bud Light Fan Zone - lots of fan food here such as handmade burgers, chicken wings and nachos
- Club Carvery - eat one of the best sandwiches you've ever tasted while enjoying the game
- Goal Line Spirits and Eatery - there's something for every palette here, including Italian dishes, sandwiches and a great selection of beers, wines and sodas
- Breakaway Carvery - treat your taste buds to gourmet sandwiches carved by Xcel chefs
There are two parking ramps available for visitors to the Xcel Energy Center: RiverCentre and Kellog. You can purchase pre-paid parking for the RiverCentre ramp.
Xcel Energy Center App
You can download their very own app for your Apple or Android smartphone. This allows you to purchase tickets online, get interactive directions to the area, and check out the full event schedule.
The Xcel Energy Center is located on 199 West Kellogg Boulevard, Saint Paul MN.
If you want to experience a night of fun and great food with your friends and family, then the Xcel Energy Center is a great place to visit.