The Buttered Tin is a local warm and friendly cafe situated in Saint Paul’s Lowertown. The corner cafe gives customers the choice of dining in one of their cozy, comfortable booths or at a table. You can also enjoy a sunny day by sitting at one of the sidewalk patio tables. This is a great way to spend a sunny day, while indulging in some delicious food and drinks.
The menu is based on American breakfast classics, which includes real farm food that is comforting,fresh and simple. Ingredients are bought locally, and there is a lot of thought that goes into the preparation of each dish.
Just some of the main dishes they offer include:
- Loaded Hash Browns (served with a house salad and cider vinegar) $10.95
- Breakfast Hot Dish (served with house salad and cider vinaigrette) $9.95
- Soft Scramble (served with a house salad and cider vinaigrette with toast and butter) $9.95
- Breakfast Tacos (two corn tortillas with refried black beans, homemade chorizo, scrambled eggs, farmer’s cheese, pico de gallo and avocado) $10.95
- The Buttered Hash Tin (sausage, sweet potatoes, portabella mushrooms, leeks, asparagus, roasted peppers, shaved brussels sprouts topped with a sunny side up egg and red pepper aioli served with toast, butter and jam) $11.95
- Pig’s Eye Breakfast (two organic eggs your way with toast and a choice of Fischer Farms sage sausage patty, country ham or bacon, and home fries or hash browns) $9.95
- Huevos Rancheros Benedict (two organic poached egg and ranchero sauce on homemade cornbread with avocado, roasted corn and black bean salsa and cilantro lime sour cream served with a house salad and cider vinaigrette) $10.95
These are just a few of the tasty dishes you can try out. The Buttered Tin also has a selection of delicious sweets from their menu and they run special weekly features throughout the week.