As one of the largest events of the year, the Minnesota State Fair will draw over 1.5 million visitors this year. Last year, a new record for attendance was set with over 1.8 million visitors. The previous record was 1,790,497 from the 2009 fair.
This year promised to be just as large, if not larger. More than 100,000 people are expected to attend each day of the fair with some days seeing more than 200,000 attendees come through the gates. Here's what you can expect at the Minnesota State Fair this year.
All types of entertainment will be provided for all ages to enjoy. From the Blue Ribbon Authors to the A Fabulous Fair Alphabet Game, there will be plenty going on. Some of the entertainment at the fair includes:
- Animal Exhibits
- A Daily Parade
- Talent Contests
- Horse Performances
- Stock Dog Trails
- Dairy Cattle Competitions
- Bull Riders
- Live Music Performances
- Lasertainment's Laser Hiltz Show
- Arts A'Fair
- Adventure Park
- And More!
Many of the live music performers will perform free of charge on a number of different stages. You can also enjoy plenty of activities and competitions throughout the State Fair.
With plenty of rides for all ages to enjoy, the Mighty Midway/Kidway is one of the most popular parts of the entire event. It's open daily from 9am to 10:30pm for the Kidway and 10am to 12am for the Midway.
Admission and Discount Days
Tickets start at just $10 if you purchase in advance. At the gate, the cost is $13 for adults, $11 for seniors, $11 for children ages 5 to 12 and Free for those under 5 years of age.
Discount Days include:
- Thrifty Thursday (August 27th) - $11 for Adults and Seniors and $8 for kids
- Senior & Kids Day (August 31st) - Seniors and Kids get in for just $8.
- Military Appreciation Day (September 1st) - All admission for Military families (active or veteran) is just $8.
- Read & Ride Day (September 2nd) - Special admission for those holding public library cards, which is $11 for Adults, $8 for seniors and $8 for kids
- Senior Day (September 3rd) - Seniors get in for just $8
- Kids Day (September 7th) - Kids get in for just $8
The Minnesota State Fair will run from August 27th to September 7th for 2015. If you want to get in for a discount, come out on one of the discount days and save!