Riverview West Side School of Excellence
Riverview West Side School of Excellence is one of four public schools in St. Paul’s West Side neighborhood. It serves 296 students in grades Pre-K through 5. The other schools in the neighborhood include:
- Roosevelt – serving students in grades K through 6.
- Cherokee Heights Elementary School – serving students in grades Pre-K through 6.
- Humboldt Junior High – serving students in grades 7 and 8.
Music is an important part of the school’s culture, with both band and dance performances.
Like many of St. Paul’s schools, the community partners help immensely and parental involvement is encouraged. Some of the community partners include:
- Building Blocks
- Urban Teacher Education Partnership
- Boys/Girls Club of America
- Common Bond AmeriCorp Multicultural Communities in Action
- Neighborhood House School First
- Minnesota ReadingCorp
Riverview West Side School of Excellence offers dual language in Spanish and English for all grades. Since the West Side neighborhood has the largest Hispanic population in the Twin Cities, this program assists in a cross-cultural effort.
All grades are also involved in Reader's and Writers Workshop and teachers spend an hour a day teaching Everyday Math.
After school activities include tutoring, dance, music and robotics and technology for the older students.
From here, students go on to Humboldt.
If you would like to visit a classroom at the school, they are held on Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Call 651.293.8665 for an appointment.
You’ll find Riverview West Side School of Excellence at 160 Isabel Street East in Saint Paul.